A music video is a promotional tool for a star and an album.
You can research the genre using a book like Teaching Music Video by Pete Fraser (on the media dept bookshelf). Another useful source is Dancing In The Distraction Factory by Andrew Goodwin.
They will tell you about the music video genre conventions:
- The record company require lots of close-ups of the main artists
- There is usually a relationship between the lyrics (words of the song) and the visuals (with visuals either illustrating, amplifying or contradicting the lyrics)
- There is also usually a relationship between the music and the visuals (such as cutting to the beat)
- Music genres have their own styles ( live performance in heavy rock, for example)
PRACTICAL RESEARCH TASK
Watch Jain - Makeba (Official Video) which is about celebrating human rights. Jain has a distinctly 21st century origin story: born in France and raised in (mostly) the United Arab Emirates and the Congo, the 23-year-old singer is a true product of multiculturalism; her music is influenced in equal parts by French techno and African rhythms.
Pick ONE special effect and explain how YOU could replicate it!
Lyrics:
Ooohe, ooh
Ooohe, ooh
Ooohe, ooh
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
I want to hear your breath just next to my soul
I want to feel oppress without any rest
I want to see you sing
I want to see you fight
Because you are the real beauty of human right
I want to feel oppress without any rest
I want to see you sing
I want to see you fight
Because you are the real beauty of human right
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Nobody can beat the Mama Africa
You follow the beat that she's going to give ya
Only her smile can all make it go
The sufferation of a thousand more
You follow the beat that she's going to give ya
Only her smile can all make it go
The sufferation of a thousand more
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba, Makeba ma qué bella
Can I get a "oohe?" Makeba
Makes my body dance for you
Ooohe, Makeba ma qué bella
Ooohe, Makeba ma qué bella
Ooohe, Makeba ma qué bella
Ooohe, Makeba ma qué bella
Ooohe, Makeba ma qué bella
Ooohe, Makeba ma qué bella
Ooohe, Makeba ma qué bella
Ooohe, Makeba ma qué bella
Ooohe, Makeba ma qué bella

No comments:
Post a Comment